OFFICIAL RULES FOR THE SHIRLEY’S WAY QUEEN OF HEARTS DRAWING
Shirley’s Way is a non-profit 501c3 90-1024077 Gaming License # ORG0002527 PRIZE MUST be Claimed within 30 days after the day the winning ticket is pulled. Unclaimed prizes from Queen of hearts will be donated back to Shirley’s Way
The drawing is held and Livestreamed every Monday night at Hideout Pizzaria 5620 Barrett Ln, Louisville, KY 40272 at 8:00p.m.
www.YouTube.com/c/ShirleysWay for all our raffles
WHAT IS THE QUEEN OF HEARTS?
- A game board containing 54 cards (a standard deck and 2 Jokers, placed face down, numbered and sealed) purchased from a certified gaming vendor and the cards remaining and flipped will be displayed online at www.QueenofHeartsLIVE.org
- The Queen of Hearts drawing will occur every Monday evening at 8:00 p.m. with one ticket drawn, at Hideout Pizzaria 5620 Barrett Ln, Louisville, KY 40272 Ticket sales stop at 5:00 p.m online, and in-person at Hideout Pizzaria 8:00pm on Monday nights. All drawings are streamed to the Shirley’s Way YouTube channel located at www.YouTube.com/c/ShirleysWay
- Shirley’s Way will fund the initial pot with a Jackpot of $5,000.00. Tickets are $2 each with no limit on the number of tickets that can be purchased.
HOW DO YOU PLAY?
- Tickets are placed in a cylinder and selected by a Shirley’s Way representative. If your name and ticket number is selected, the card you choose will be flipped OR from a cylinder. If your name is drawn and the card flipped is the Queen of Hearts, the WINNER will receive fifty (50%) if present for the drawing, forty (40%) of the jackpot if you are not present at the drawing. Present is defined as being at Hideout Pizzaria when your name and ticket is pulled and the Queen of Hearts is cut out of the board. The remaining portion of the funds will go to Shirley’s Way to fund its charitable mission.
WHAT IF NOBODY WINS?
- If your name and ticket number is selected and card flipped is NOT the Queen of Hearts the ticket holder will receive the following bonus prize for their corresponding upturned card:
- Queen of Hearts pays 50% of the pot total if you are present for the drawing, 40% if you are not present at the drawing. Present is defined as being at Hideout Pizzaria when your name and ticket is pulled and the Queen of Hearts is cut out of the board.
- Joker pays 10% of the pot total and the current board ends. Money carries over to the new board. 10% is paid ONLY if you are present for the drawing. Present is defined as being at South End BBQ when your ticket is pulled and the Joker is cut out of the board.
- 2 thru Ace pays $100. You do NOT need to be present for the $100
- If the card flipped is NOT the Queen of Hearts, all the tickets will be cleared from the database and NEW tickets will be sold for the following weeks drawing. TICKETS WILL NOT CARRYOVER FROM ONE WEEK’S DRAWING TO THE NEXT. A NEW TICKET MUST BE PURCHASED FOR EACH WEEK’S DRAWING TO PARTICIPATE.
- If the card number selected using Calculator.net or from a cylinder has already been turned we will make a single attempt to call the ticket holder to ask which card they would like to flip.
- For group purchases, in the event of a disagreement amongst the purchasers, the only obligation of Shirley’s Way is to issue the prize in the name of the person listed on the winning ticket.
WHAT IF I WIN?
- All WINNERS are responsible for paying the applicable taxes on any prize they win. All prizes over $600.00 will be paid by check and Shirley’s Way will issue the WINNER a W2G, which will require the WINNER to provide her/his social security number. NO prize will be paid until the W2G information is provided. If a WINNER is unwilling to fill out a W2G, the prize will revert back to Shirley’s Way. For prizes of $5,000.00 or greater, Shirley’s Way is required to withhold the IRS backup withholding tax, currently set at 24% per IRS rules and regulations, and KY 5% backup withholding tax.
- Shirley’s Way reserves the right to require any WINNER to complete an affidavit of eligibility prior to payment of any prize.
11.To claim a winning prize, the purchaser must provide the ticket stub from the other half of the ticket and a valid government-issued identification.
THE FINE PRINT
- Each card selected and turned will have the drawn ticket attached to it and that card will remain posted on the board for the duration of the game. Once the “Queen of Hearts” is selected, the board will no longer be in play and Shirley’s Way will solely determine its use.
- Any ticket purchased and returned to Shirley’s Way for play, shall become the sole property of Shirley’s Way and the WINNER waives any right to possession of the ticket.
- All WINNERS agree that their image and identity may be used by Shirley’s Way for advertising purposes or any other lawful purpose without compensation.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to play. If a WINNER is not 18 years of age or older the prize is forfeited and shall revert to Shirley’s Way.
- Shirley’s Way reserves the right to list any WINNER on any subsequent advertising, into perpetuity, without compensation.
- Shirley’s Way reserves the right to discard any online purchase if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the purchase may have been affected by hacking, security breaches, bugs or any other type of online tampering. Such purchase may be discarded and ruled ineligible after a winning draw only upon good cause and within 48 hours of the drawing. Due to the nature of online ticket purchases. It is possible, but unlikely that we could have a duplicate ticket situation. This could happen if 2 people purchase tickets at the same exact time. The digital ticketing tool assigns ticket numbers as they are purchased. We often have a large amount of tickets purchased at the very last minute which could cause a duplicate ticket situation. If a duplicate ticket is selected we will enter into a “Showdown”. The “Showdown” numbers on our list are directly to the left of the first names on our list of tickets. We will place the “Showdown” numbers in Calculator.net. and a winner will be selected from the identified duplicate ticket holders. See Example in the graphic below. Our “Showdown” numbers are highlighted in red. The numbers 8-11 are just for illustration in this example and could be different numbers during the actual drawing. IE: 8 (lower limit) and 11 (upper limit) would be entered in Calculator.net and a winner would be generated.
- This contest is only valid in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. This contest is void where prohibited by law.
- All tickets purchased will be entered into the Shirley’s Way donation database so Shirley’s Way can communicate about upcoming drawings and specials.
- Winner need not be present to win.
21.. #HAFF, #goHAFF and any other version of HAFF is defined as half the pot. Half was not available when we began our drawings so we selected HAFF